Re: 2.6.15-1.1831 Memory Issues

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 09:05, Brian Hanks wrote:
> Has anyone else run across stability problems with the 2.6.15-1.1831
> kernel?
>
> I recently upgraded my rock solid FC4 box to this kernel version and
> shortly thereafter it crashed hard.  It was locked up to the point where it
> was not displaying anything and not responding to any type of input.  I
> tried to reboot it, but ended up getting an assortment of differing errors
> with each attempt (kernel panic - cannot sync, seg faults, etc.).  It even
> took 3 attempts to get it to boot into single user mode.
>
> At this point, I'm trying to figure out if it's truly a kernel thing or if
> it's just coincidental timing of some other issue (like a bad memory
> module).  I'll be running some more tests this evening.
>

> Thanks,
> -- Brian
Sounds like a hard drive partition is full ( I have had this myself).
Try booting into init 1 and check how much the partitions have.
Try the following;
rm -f /var/cache/yum/base/packages/*
rm -f /var/cache/yum/extras/packages/*
rm -f /var/cache/yum/packages/updates-released/*
rm -f /var/cache/yum/packages/upgrade/packages/*
or the equivalent for apt-get.
--
Some people have convictions.
Some people have opinions