Linux x Windows sound problem.

Hello all,

I have a dual boot machine with Fedora Core 4 and an Windows XP.
Both systems were working fine until but I decided to update the packages using yum (yum update). This command have replaced the kernel and other packages on my Linux system.

After updating the packages, everything keeps working fine on Linux, but the Windows does not play any sound anymore. Before update the packages on Linux, Windows was able to play sound properly.

Do someone have any idea about which might cause this sort of problem?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Edson Eustáchio