Re: Why are these ports open in iptables on new FC4 install?

2006-02-14 (火) の 07:28 +1030 に Tim さんは書きました:
> Scot L. Harris:
> >> I'm also wondering about port 631 being open by default.
>

> Tim Waugh:
> > This is to allow your CUPS daemon to collect information about which
> > remote queues are available, so that when you want to print you can
> > select a network queue to print to.
> >
> > Only the UDP port is open, which is used for remote print servers to
> > broadcast to for advertising their services.
>
> I don't have a default set-up machine to look at, but surely this
> shouldn't be open to all, just the LAN.  What is the default setting in
> that regard?

Who configured the box for the LAN? Ask that person?

Reason I ask is that, as I understand it, you can't open a port to the
LAN while keeping it closed to the world unless you know what ranges of
addresses are used on the LAN. Not everyone chooses to use 192.168.0.nnn
for their LANs, you know.