Re: FDS + Samba as a PDC

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 07:31 +0800, John Summerfied wrote:
> CodeHeads wrote:
>

> > I haven't worked with FDS but this jumps out at me.
> > "failed to bind to server ldap://example.com";
> >
> > Would you think maybe you should change that to you FQDN??
> >
> > Just a thought.
>
> That and, "Is there a list dedicated to FDS?"
----
Fedora-directory-users mailing list
Fedora-directory-users@xxxxxxxxxx
----

> There might be a few know-somethings here, but there should be some
> know-lots there.
----
from this angle, that looked to be pretty sage advice but if the user is
that challenged as to actually use 'example.com' in a real config file,
there's bound to be a bunch more challenges - and actually, that was
more of a samba question than a Fedora Directory Service question.
---

> I suspect a O'reilly books on ADS and LDAP (yup, both) would help.
----
My personal favorite for learning basic LDAP was LDAP System
Administration by Gerald Carter - which is a little outdated but
definitely simplified the entire process. I would still recommend this
book for a newbie trying to learn LDAP.

Craig