Installing Grub And A Kernel

I need to reinstall my kernel and grub using the rescue cd or the rescue
option on the install dvd for fc4. I tried the command grub-install but it
won't install grub  because the kernel hasn't changed. There is no kernel on
md0. How do I make it install the kernel again. I am trying to fix my boot
partition to get it to boot.

As there is no screen reader on the fc4 dvd, it is difficult for me to
search the cd as I must get my wife to read  the screens. Sure wish speakup
was on that cd.

Is there a documented list of tools and scripts documented somewhere for the
rescue process?

Rejean Proulx
Visit my family at
http://interfree.ca