Re: Splitting DVD-9 video to DVD-5

On Saturday 11 February 2006 17:14, Anthony Messina wrote:
> Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to find a way to backup my DVD movie. A lot of HowTo talks
> > about shrinking and requantising (sp ?) the movie so that it'll fit to a
> > single layer DVD-R. However, I want instead to just keep everything in
> > the main feature (the video steam, audio streams, subtitles) and somehow
> > record it to two single layer DVD-R.
<snip>
> if the original disc is encrypted (and it likely is if it's a commercial
> one), then you cannot just copy the vob files.  you would need to use a
> program like dvdbackup which will give you the option of backing up the
> whole disc or just whatever title you want.  or you can use dvd9to5.pl
> which is a perl script that will shrink the main title of the dvd from a
> dual layer (as most commercial dvds are) to a normal 4.7gig disc.  doing
> either of these things may be illegal depending on where you reside.
> but...
>
> google for dvdbackup and/or dvd9to5.pl

You seems to misunderstood what I am asking. If you read my email, you'll see
that I know about dvdbackup and all that. Basically I do *not* want to shrink
my DVD to fit a regular DVD-R. Instead I want a tool that let me split the
original DVD, with the original quality, sound streams, substitles, etc, to
two DVD-R and create a valid DVD Video structure. I don't need the menu and
extras, just the main feature film. Is there such tool ?

Thanks
RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja