Re: Private Mirror/Repository

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:22:39 -0500
James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> opined:
> > I still think you are better off with the rsync approach. Correct me
> > if I am wrong but I believe that rsync provides much better
> > throughput than yum plus compression. Have you looked at
> > http://tqmcube.com/repo.php ?
> >
> > BTW, extras is now using repoview (which I recommend). You can get a
> > look at it here: http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/
>
> I started to do the rsync approach first, and it did seem faster than
> the rate yum-pull is going, but it seemed like yum-pull was easier to
> setup and get going with all the stuff that I wanted. Any chance you
> have some more examples than are on that page? Maybe I'm making it
> harder than it needs to be. I'm not a yum expert so figuring out where
> to get everything, and understanding the directory structure is a little
> confusing.
>
> I would like to do FC4 with updates and extras plus atrpms, livna,
> freshrpms, maybe dag. I'd also like to do CentOS 4.2 and Suse 9.2/9.3.

If you get Fedora updates working, everything else will work.

1. Create paths/directories:

/var/www/html/yum/Fedora/core/4/updates/i386
/var/www/cache

2. Download updates to that directory with ftp.

3. run "createrepo \
-c /var/www/cache /var/www/html/yum/Fedora/core/4/updates/

3. Add a ".repo" file or adjust yum.conf

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://localhost|LAN IP/yum/Fedora/core/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
enabled=1

4. Cron a daily rsync:

rsync -avrt rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/4/i386 \
     --exclude=debug/ --exclude=repodata/ --exclude=*debuginfo* --exclude=*i18* \
     --exclude=*langpack*/var/www/html/yum/Fedora/core/4/updates

5. Followed by:

createrepo \
-c /var/www/cache /var/www/html/yum/Fedora/core/4/updates/

Once you are sure that is working, add repoview from extras to
provide the browser file and RSS.

--
Our DNSRBL -
           Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com