Re: Graphics in Linux using C

Hello

I had a query regarding ps files and their generation from tex files.
The ps file has a whole bunch of numbers and alphabets between the
text like for the line "This is an abstract" we have something like

Fn(This)p 172 1761 26 4 v 196
1761 56 4 v 26 w(is)p 249 1761 26 4 v 273 1761 86 4 v
26 w(an)p 356 1761 26 4 v 380 1761 86 4 v 26 w(ab)p 461
1761 197 4 v(stract)-92 1828 y(.)j

These kind of seemingly random numbers prop up for any ps file. Could
anyone tell me what these numbers and alphabets signify ie basically
what kind of translation takes place when tex file gets converted to
ps.

Nimit