RE: Graphics in Linux using C

> Thankx for the reply but dont think thats gonna work all that well. Am
> trying to highlight strings in a ps file. Am able to search for the
> string as I have the source code for the ps file and it has been
> generated from tex using the latex command and then dvips.
>
> Now my problem is that any changes made to the source code arent quite
> helpful in changing the output (the generated ps file) that you see on
> ggv. I would've been able to do something by simply modifying the tex
> file. But I dont have the tex file just the generated ps file. I need
> to do something so that I can make changes to that.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Am trying to highlight strings in a ps file. Am able to search for the
> string. Any suggestions on how to highlight the already searched
> string using C?

The postscript language has features for doing reverse video.  It is a complex
and somewhat convoluted language and I am not familiar enough with it to tell
you what to do.  I am assuming that you are not planning on changing ggv.
This leaves you with the option of running the ps file through a filter written
in C (per your preference) and then displaying it.  You would need to look up the
postscript spec to figure out what postscript controls are needed to highlight a
section of code.

You might poke around for a perl module which would contain some postscript filters.
I do not know of one off hand, but there have been perl modules written to do just
about everything else.

Bob Styma