Re: FC4 Printer Sharing

Oliver Sampson wrote:
> Howdy,
> I'm having trouble getting my printer to share to my other Windows
> computers on my network via Samba.  The funny thing is that I had this
> set up a coupla years ago on FC2, and it was a piece of cake.  Now,
> there's nothing but problems.
>
> I turned on Samba and browsing for printers in Samba. My Windows
> machines can now see my Linux machine via the Network Neighborhood, but
> not the printer.
>
> I turned on printer sharing in the system-config-printer utility, but
> that doesn't seem to make a difference.
>
> Here's the printer part of my smb.conf
> [printers]
>         comment = All Printers
>         path = /var/spool/samba
>         browseable = yes
> # Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
>         guest ok = yes
> ;       writeable = no
>         printable = yes
>         public = yes
>
> Any tips?

Do you have something like this in the Global section?

# 2. Printing Options:
# CHANGES TO ENABLE PRINTING ON ALL CUPS PRINTERS IN THE NETWORK
# (as cups is now used in linux-mandrake 7.2 by default)
# if you want to automatically load your printer list rather
# than setting them up individually then you'll need this
   printcap name = cups
   load printers = yes

# It should not be necessary to spell out the print system type unless
# yours is non-standard. Currently supported print systems include:
# bsd, sysv, plp, lprng, aix, hpux, qnx, cups
   printing = cups

Mikkel