Re: Suggestion please - Binary newsgroup posting software.

fredex wrote:
On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:06:13AM -0700, Robin Laing wrote:

Hello,

I have searched and checked the major repositories for this but I have not had any luck.

I want a program to post multipart, rar'd and yenc encoded files to the alt.binary.* groups. I would prefer a graphical front end but I have not really found anything that is current.

A long time ago (early '90s) I wrote a csh script (yes, I know
csh scripts are evil, you don't need to remind me) to uuencode a
binary and chop it into newsgroup-sized chunks with appropriate
names. It doesn't actually post, it just leaves you with the postable
files. But if you'd have any interest I'll dig for it, I may still
have it around somewhere.

Thanks for the offer.

Actually last night I was playing with newspost and as a CLI, it works quite well. It will split the file and create RAR archive files using the flags. It will also post multiple files in a directory. There are a number of flags that provide some decent options. It needs to be updated in some aspects but those are minor issues. At least it works for what I want. Now to get the graphical front-end to work.

There are also many perl options available.  Maybe a chance to learn perl.