Re: Suggestion please - Binary newsgroup posting software.

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:06:13AM -0700, Robin Laing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have searched and checked the major repositories for this but I have
> not had any luck.
>
> I want a program to post multipart, rar'd and yenc encoded files to
> the alt.binary.* groups.  I would prefer a graphical front end but I
> have not really found anything that is current.

A long time ago (early '90s) I wrote a csh script (yes, I know
csh scripts are evil, you don't need to remind me) to uuencode a
binary and chop it into newsgroup-sized chunks with appropriate
names. It doesn't actually post, it just leaves you with the postable
files. But if you'd have any interest I'll dig for it, I may still
have it around somewhere.