Re: Wireless Card on linux

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 13:42 +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:
> I have tried compiling ndiswrapper again and also compiled a new
> 2.4.32 kernel but get an error after installing ndiswrapper. It
> detects the card but no lights come up when using iwconfig to make it
> up. I'm attaching a text file with the commands I use and the
> errors/results I get
>
> I did not have the WIndows driver CD for the Netgear PC card so I
> downloaded the drivers from the net.
>
> Regards,
> Deboo
>

> On 2/10/06, Deboo ^ <knowledgeful@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >     I have a Compaq Armada with a Netgear wireless PC card (the one
> > which is linux supported), could someone detail the steps needed to
> > make it work fully?
> >
> > And how to make both the wired lan and wireless lan work together. I
> > guess it has to do something with routing but not very sure. Last time
> > I made a script to make one interface down and other up, but that's a
> > pain for others to do who like to use the gui.
> >
> >  I have the ndiswrapper already installed and detecting the card
> > hardware. What oither steps are needed, what commands etc and how to
> > configure?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Deboo
----
I was under the impression that the Netgear cards had the Atheros
chipset which should just work on 2.6 kernel but I could be wrong on
that.

2.4.x kernel isn't related to anything currently connected to this list
and suggest that you take this to Debian (if that's what you're using)
or fedora legacy if you are running something like RHL 8.0/ 9 / or FC-1

Craig