Re: Wireless Card on linux

I have tried compiling ndiswrapper again and also compiled a new
2.4.32 kernel but get an error after installing ndiswrapper. It
detects the card but no lights come up when using iwconfig to make it
up. I'm attaching a text file with the commands I use and the
errors/results I get

I did not have the WIndows driver CD for the Netgear PC card so I
downloaded the drivers from the net.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.
[root@linux root]# lspci | grep 3890

03:00.0 Network controller: Harris Semiconductor: Unknown device 3890 (rev 01)

[root@linux root]# dmesg|grep eth1

eth1: resetting device...
eth1: uploading firmware...
eth1: could not upload firmware ('isl3890')
eth1: islpci_reset: failure
eth1: resetting device...
eth1: uploading firmware...
eth1: could not upload firmware ('isl3890')
eth1: islpci_reset: failure

[root@linux root]# iwconfig eth1

eth1      NOT READY!  ESSID:"default"
          Mode:Managed  Channel:0  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
          Tx-Power=31 dBm   Sensitivity=0/0
          Retry min limit:0   RTS thr=0 B   Fragment thr=0 B
          Encryption key:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

[root@linux root]# iwlist eth1 scanning

eth1      No scan results

[root@linux root]# ifconfig eth1

eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:30:B4:00:00:00
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
          Interrupt:11