Re: RESOLVED: Re: OT(?) FC2 Very slow printing to HP DeskJet 870Cse

taharka wrote:
Howdy Mike,

So, you want to run that past me/us again? I assume you used gedit
(gnome editor)? And exactly what path/file did you edit? Inquiring minds
want to know ;-)

No, I used the "GNOME Print Queue Properties Editor".

At the bottom of my screen, I see an icon of a printer.
I clicked on that. It can also be started by clicking [RedHat]->SystemSettings->Printing, which goes directly to
"Printer Configuration".

Anyway, using the icon on the "task bar" at the bottom
brings up the "GNOME Print Manager". Right clicking on
a queue associated with the printer and selecting Properties
brings up "Printer Configuration", which shows all
queues associated with the printer, associated with that queue.
(Hard to understand here. I mean that there is a printer
associated with the queue one clicked on to change Properties.
The next box shows all queues associated with that printer.)

Right clicking on the queue and selecting "Edit" brings up
"Edit a Print Queue". Clicking on the "Driver Options" tab
allows one to select or deselect "Prerender Postscript".
I clicked it to make a check mark appear there. That had to
be done for all queues associated with the printer. Then I
clicked "Apply" in the "Printer Configuration" dialogue box.

I hope that was clear.

I use FC2, so YMMV.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.