Re: Shortcut to laptop number pad

I've had odd experiences with the numlock on my laptop. I have a wireless keyboard, and when that's connected, everything works as it should. However, using the keyboard on the laptop, if I do Shift+ScrLk (thats how it works on mine, shrug) when numlock is off, the keys that would normally act as a numpad do not do anything. If numlock is on and I use that combination to turn it off, the light does not turn off but the keyboard acts as if numlock is turned off.
-Grinnz

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Anne Wilson wrote:
Is there a kde shortcut to toggle the numberpad on a laptop (I can't locate it in kcontrol)? That damned cat has been on the keyboard again! Now the numberpad is enabled and I have to use Fn keys to type normally.

Anne

Have you tried the Fn-numberpad key combo or the numlock key?
This is usually controlled by the laptop BIOS, and not the
application software. When the keyboard is in the numberpad
mode, the keycodes being sent when you hit the key change.

Mikkel