Re: yum upgrade

James Thorpe wrote:

> Before I start, just want to double check that I'm doing this right as
> I've not erased packages before, is the syntax:
> rpm -e desktop-printing-0.17-3 gnome-volume-manager-1.1.0-5 ...

Yep.  That will just nuke the specific version of the package.  RPM will
sort out not removing updated files that belong in both versions.  To
reassure yourself, remove one of the older packages and then try the
program and verify its still working.  But I have done this several
times and it works fine.

-Andy