Re: yum upgrade

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

n Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 09:13:48PM +0000, James Thorpe wrote:
Hi List,

I'm trying to do a yum upgrade, but failing due to dependency issues - I thought yum should sort these out for me?

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-glib-1.so.0 is needed by package desktop-printing Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-glib-1.so.0 is needed by package gnome-volume-manager
etc
etc

I tried installing libdbus etc manually, but that didn't seem to work either.

I don't know what yo mean by installing it manually. At the level of
update of may machine the relevant file
is:/usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.1
doing: rpm -qf /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.1
you find out it comes from : dbus-glib-0.33-3.fc4.1
One might intuit that: libdbus-glib-1.so.0
comes from : dbus-glib-0.33-3.fc4.0
You could try: yum install dbus-glib-0.33-3.fc4.0
but I am afraid that is no longer the latest version of this rpm and
may not be in the repositories.

By installing it manually, I meant I tried "yum install libdbus" amongst others, but they didn't work - I'm probably going off down the wrong track... How about my other question - why isn't yum sorting out these dependency issues for me - I've not done anything other than install & update things through yum, so there shouldn't be anything nonstandard on my system.

James.