Re: doc2tiff

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 13:35, azeem ahmad wrote:

> i have installed wvware but its not working in a good manner, its not
> converting the doc files which do have image, and also not converting some
> other files having no image. dont know why

It's a difficult job since the doc format is basically undocumented
and not the same from version to version of Word.  I'd expect
better results from OpenOffice 2.x converting to pdf, but don't
know if there is a batch-mode conversion that you do from
the command line.   You may also find some things that have
embedded OLE objects that aren't going to work anywhere except
on the same OS on a machine with the same apps installed.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx