Re: CD/CDR Operation

Are you sure you CD/CDR is in working order. It could be  your CD/CDR
has failed and cannot detect your blank disc.

Roy Henning
Criticare Systems, Inc.
20925 Crossroads Circle,  Suite 100
Waukesha, WI, 53186

Phone:  262-798-5316
FAX:      262-798-8290
e-mail:   roy.henning@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> wg5o@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/06 9:32 AM >>>

>My trouble is, it asks for a disc.  I insert a new, blank disc, and
it
> looks at it and repeats, "Please put a blank disc ... into the
drive."  >It will do that as many times as I punch retry.

Bogdan wrote:

I belive your problem could be from the following sources:
1. Your system hasn't recognized your CD Writer at all as a CD Writer.
What dmesg says?

After trying to use Gtoaster, see 3, below, it said "cdrom: open
failed," twice.

2. Your system has recognized your CD Writer but the permissions are
wrong
(you should be able to write with your user, or your user should be in
group that can write on the CD Writer). What ls -l /dev/cdrwdevice
says?

I didn't find cdrwdevice, but /dev/ contains a file called "cdwriter."

3. Your Gnome's Nautilus is crashed somewhere. Try directly with
cdrecord,
xcdroast or k3b (whatever suits you best)

If I drag and drop into Gnome Toaster, it goes through all the motions
of recording, but then says something like, "Child exited unexpectely"
and crashes.

Thank you,

Andy Pickens