Re: SQL ledger

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, auksiniz wrote:

> Hi,
> Do is the "SQL ledger" rpm package for Fedora?:)
>
> http://sql-ledger.com is the best program for finance :)

Are you asking or telling us??

If you are asking if sql-ledger is the best program then I do not know the
answer. It is the best I have found but others may disagree. It is what I
use. As far as I know there is no rpm for sql-ledger but this is one
program where I find an rpm unnecessary. Installation is simple and
the author has made upgrades from one version to the next painless.

I suggest you install it and test it to see if it does what you need.
I will warn you though the the program is GPL the manual is not. The
manual is a great help in understanding the various functions of the
program. If you do not understand double entry accounting then the learning
curve is going to be steep. There is also a mailing list on sourceforge (see
the sql-ledger web site for the exact url) for general discussion of the program.

Hope this helps,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx		Spamtrap address mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx