Re: FC4 - Cannot Install Fedora

--- Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 10:46:29PM -0800, Hoffmann
> wrote:
>  > How can I make the CD driver works with SATA, in
> order
>  > to try to install Fedora with SATA?
>
> The kernel shipped with FC4 didn't have SATA CDROM
> support.
> Your only hope is to either wait for FC5, or for now
> install
> using PATA mode.
>
> 		Dave
>
> --

Hi Dave,

Since I cannot install FC4 this time, even using PATA
mode, I decided to migrate to CentOS distro, at least
for while. I told "this time", because, I have
suceessfully used FC4 since its release last year on
the same machine. Now, sundenly it "decided" not to be
installed. It is really frustrating when such sort of
things happens with ("test") distroes such as Fedora.
Some times just one update is all we need to get a
broken OS.
Well, I installed CentOS 4.2 WITH NO PROBLEM at all.
Let's see what will happen from now. I case, I
realized that CentOS is better for me, I will continue
using it.

Thanks!
Hoffmann