Re: CD/CDR Operation

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 13:03 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Let's suppose you have your ISO image in /home/mystuff/isos/rescue.iso
> Then you'd put the disc in, and if some CD CREATOR pops up, then
> close its window. Then start K3b. Close any "Tip of the Day"
> that it may put up. Then click on the top menu
> Tools->CD->Burn CD Image

In Gnome, one can right-click on an ISO file displayed in Nautilus, and
pick an option to burn to disc, and that's all you'd need to do.  Does
KDE not have a similar feature when using Konqueror?  (I don't have KDE
installed, so I can't check for myself.)

As far as I can see, it's just a script which passes the filename to
cdrecord or growisofs, depending on which is most suitable.  Though I
haven't found where Nautilus hides its scripts, now.  There isn't even a
"scripts" item in one of the Nautilus menus, like the guides say there
ought to be.  This is annoying, because I want to be able to tweak the
DVD side of burning so that video DVDs play in normal players.

NB:  I'm not trying to copy a copyrighted disc, they're self-made video
recordings, on single-layer DVDs.  So it's some other issue that makes
them unplayable.

I read messages from the public lists.