Re: Slightly OT: Photoshop tops 'most wanted' Linux app list

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 14:46 -0600, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:
> 2006/2/2, George English <george.english@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > I'm a web designer, and I find the same thing: the gimp doesn't have all the
> > functionality of photoshop. I have tried photoshop under wine but didnt
> > manage to get it to work. If anyone can help me? i'm using FC1 :D
>
> I would suggest to try the following:
>
> 1. upgrade to Fedora 4 and the latest wine.
>
> 2. try the latest gimp, krita and karbon14.   If you have FC1, you
> probably do not have the latest versions of those graphics
> applications.   Check also OpenOffice 2.0.1 Draw.  The beta 1 of
> Koffice 1.5 with Krita and Karbon14 was released yesterday.

For people who modify graphics professionally there are a few things
gimp can't do, or can't do easily enough. I find gimp can do almost
everything I want it to do, but I have to get my friend who is a
professional photographer and has the latest versions of Photoshop
to clean up some things once in a while.