Re: Postfix problem (Solved, now more.... )

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 19:51 +0000, Tony Dietrich wrote:
> On Thursday 26 Jan 2006 01:11, William Yardley wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 11:56:58PM +0000, Tony Dietrich wrote:
> > > Recently, I've had the problem that any mail addressed to that system
> > > spawns a smtpd process, which locks.
> > >
> > > Telnetting into smtp produced the expected responses, right up to the
> > > point where you send the rcpt to: line, at which point everything
> > > freezes.
> > >
> > > There's nothing visible in any log file to point to any error.
> >
> > There are no errors in /var/log/maillog?
> >
> > > I suspect a postfix problem, but don't have the knowledge to know where
> > > to look next.
> >
> > What's the output of postconf -n?
> > What's in your master.cf file?
> >
> > What's the output of "ps -ef | grep postfix"

> Sorry about the delay repying.  Problem is solved.  Turned out to be a
> permissions problem on the mail spool directory.
>
> Now all I have to do is work out how to integrate postfix and spamassassin and
> clamAV on *this* system.  Yes, I know there are loads of howto's around, but
> they expect you to be setting up a system from scratch.  This server is a
> running server, and I cannot take it out of service too long!
>
> I have Spamassassin working fine from a system-wide procmail script which
> looks like:
>
> /usr/bin/spamc | sendmail (parameters)
>
> Any ideas anyone?
----
use MailScanner - the perfect wrapper for all of this. It will drive
ClamAV and spamassassin and make it one manageable setup.

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/

easy rpm install...(even though you download a tarball and install via
shell).

Craig