Re: Re: Fetchmail socket problem

From: <lists@xxxxxxxxx>

From: "jdow" <jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2006/01/24 Tue AM 07:36:04 EST
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fetchmail socket problem

From: "Anne Wilson" <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On Monday 23 Jan 2006 19:06, jdow wrote:
>>
>> It may be as simple as telling kmail to get NEW mail from the spool
>> directory, /var/spool/mail/xxx. Or it may involve telling Dovecot
>> to use the spool directories for incoming and the user home directory
>> "mail" directory for storing the mail folders for imap. That chunk
>> of documentation is not particularly trying. I managed to solve it.
>> I think it involved a one liner:
>> MAIL=/home/xxx/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/xxx
>>
> Problems there. With that line in Dovecot doesn't start - error: > expecting "=" > > I tried putting spaces around the '=' and now it says 'Unknown setting: > MAIL' > > I'll comment it out until I/we can work out the adjustment. > > Anne

Sorry - that one goes into the /etc/profile file. Mea culpa and all that.
{^_^}

Also, shouldn't that be a "semi-colon" instead of a "colon" in front of INBOX?

Shhhh, it works. I don't want my machine to get ideas about it and suddenly
stop working.

{o.o}    (Seriously - the way I quoted it above is what Dovecot wants.)