copying wav files to usb drive

I had a mix of wav files ripped from various CDs that I wanted to save
to an external USB hard drive.  (I'm still experimenting with the sound
quality of the mp3 format.)  All the files except those originally from
one particular CD copied without problems -- but for those 3 files
Konqueror gave me an "unable to copy" message.  The strange thing was I
was able to copy these files to directories elsewhere on internal hard
drive but not to the external USB one.  Is this some sort of weird copy
protection scheme?  Is there any way around it?