Re: Sendmail and security

Tim:
>> Hmm, shall I resist the urge...  No, I won't...  ;-)  Windows has an
>> enormous share of the market, and it's very bad.  Proliferation isn't
>> something I'd use to gauge the goodness of something.  :-\

John Summerfied:
> It seems to me the _administration_ and _implementation_ of Windows is
> often very bad.

That's certainly true, and the implementation makes it hard to
administrate properly, too (too many things won't run with normal user
privileges).

At least this is one thing that's nearly always right on Linux.  About
the only exception I can think of is the problems people used to have
when trying to burn CDs as a normal user but I don't think that exists
anymore.  I think normal users can do anything that normal users should
be able to do.

Then there's all the system services that you can't properly configure,
so you end up relying on a firewall, anti-virus, etc., to protect you...

I read messages from the public lists.