Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 13:16, Gene Heskett wrote:

> You are not showing any brand loyalty when you make a statement like
> that, and are simply saying up front that you will take the best deal
> "as long as its free".  Thats not a particularly pleasant image when
> others view it.

Well, I'm honest whether it's pretty or not.  I like apache,
perl, java, sendmail, X, firefox, evolution, etc. but the package
they come from doesn't matter that much beyond the difficulty
of the install and update process. The reason I like unix-like
operating systems is for the extent that they are the same,
not the quirks of any particular flavor.

> Its certainly not an image I want to project in front of myself.  I can
> irritate folks quite well without that, as I've proved here a couple of
> times, but I'm still here, cause like Calahans Bar, its the best place
> to be and I know it.

RedHat and derivatives deserve respect, but the reason they
became popular had very much to do with the ease of installation
of their package compared to others at the time.  I'm just
suggesting that fedora should continue that tradition.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx