Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 23, Issue 237

Re: can't use ftp on FC4
From:
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:28:43 +0100
To:
For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

To:
For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Am So, den 22.01.2006 schrieb Bruce Elliott um 23:14:

I'm attempting to use ftp for the first time on my FC4 installation, and it isn't working. I log in okay and can do things like change directories, but if I do anything that should result in data being sent (ls, put, get), it reports that it's entering passive mode and then waits ... and waits, until it times out.
Bruce E.

`modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp' will solve your problem.

To have that module loaded automatically, add it to IPTABLES_MODULES in
/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.

Alexander
I tried that command, but it turns out that the server I'm trying to connect with does not allow passive ftp. I believe that now what I need to know is how to configure my firewall to allow active ftp connections with this server.

Any help on this topic?

thanks,
Bruce