Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Hi

Nobody stopped anyone from doing the work involved. In fact it was
already done before. http://fedora.isphuset.no/

We ARE well aware of that. As stated above, I have the cd's already burnt. But when asking a question and disclosing that the question involves the unofficial 4.2 release, then the question was summarily ignored, as being off topic I guess. If you are not willing to even discuss something someone has done in the interests of widening the usage, then the whole thing is moot, and we are wasting our collective time with this endeavor called a foundation.

You should have welcomed that effort with open arms, and actively pointed folks having trouble with _your_ release to that one as a possible solution to the install debacle 4 was.

I repeatedly wrote the the people who did it with no responses. We needed to work on several details before adopting such efforts in a formal way.

I'm of the opinion that fedora folks themselves should have done the respin as you call it, within 3-4 days time when it became obvious that 4 was a wholesale x crasher that trashed the disks as it went away. The take it or leave it attitude has the distinct odor of hydrogen sulfide about it.
If you mean Red Hat needs to do all the work then that does not make it a community effort. Other folks contributing does. Luckily someone just did that and if see the fedora-devel list discussion you could have seen me, Warren etc welcoming that effort wholeheartedly. Unfortunately subsequent communication has been stalled due to non responses. We cannot collaborate more since this require changes in the trademark guidelines and other technical details to be worked out. We are looking for more community input on different use cases that help us modify the guidelines to support such needs. If you provide that, do email gdk AT fedoraproject.org

To me thats ignoreing any 'community effort', and quite frankly I'm less than impressed with this newfound selling of the word community, when its been rather pointedly ignored until now.
New found? I remember the original announcements mentioning this idea.

If you want it to be a community effort, then its time a hell of a lot more credit was given to those that have contributed.
But we did. We welcomed it several times

And that doesn't by any means include me. I'm not looking for any flowers because I haven't contributed squat in terms of code.
My code contributions are not that large either but there are several other means to contribute. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted

If there is to be a foundation that we need to support else fedora is going away, then lets see a by-laws draft that will give _us_, the users, a voice.
Yes community voice is the aim. If you have experience working on by-laws and can provide input, do email sopwith AT redhat and send a copy to gdk AT fedoraproject.org, directors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thank you in advance for your input.

--
Rahul