Re: Trivial question

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 20:58 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> Teilhard Knight wrote:
> > How do I install a local rpm package? It is in my HD, and the
> > documentation about handling packages does not tell me how to do it.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Teilhard.
> yum localinstall <filename>
>
> Where, of course, <filename> is replaced by the path and name of the RPM
> you wish to install.

"yum localinstall" would be much more useful I think if it supported a
"--gpgcheck=0" option so that you could install packages from places not
listed in your yum configuration etc. without having to temporarily edit
out the "gpgcheck=1" from /etc/yum.conf. Seth won't do it in yum itself
because he feels it's a job for a plugin. Unfortunately I don't speak
python so I can't write the plugin myself.

Paul.