Re: Remodifying Yum Updater

On 1/21/06, Thomas Springer <th.springer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Samstag, den 21.01.2006, 13:14 -0700 schrieb under.actuate@xxxxxxxxx:
> OK, I entered rpm --freshen yum, and the result was

I am sorry.

When using long-options style you have to do

rpm --freshen=yum

The short-option for this is

rpm -F yum

I gave you the first just to make more clear what the option is for.

> error: open of yum failed: No such file or directory
>
> So, how do you suppose I'd fix this?
>
> Jared

Jared,
please don't top-post !

Thomas

I'm not sure what you mean by top-post.  I'm guessing I should reply like this?

Well, when I enter "rpm --freshen=yum" I get
rpm: no packages given for install

When I enter "rpm -F yum" I get
error: open of yum failed: No such file or directory

Just entering yum update I get
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

I've checked my .repo files and they should be good.  What causes an invalid baseur1 for repo: core?

Jared