Re: Sendmail

On Saturday 21 Jan 2006 11:58,
replies-lists-redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> the "Address already in use" is the hint here.
>
> this error is coming from sendmail. yesterday you were indicated you
> were having problems with postfix. is postfix (fully) shutdown? if
> not it's probably what's holding the port.
>
> a "netstat -ap" (as root) will show you what's binding on a port.
> shut it down and try starting sendmail again.

I think that possibly it was caused by a missing link in the chain.  I
found that I had not set dovecot to start at bootup, which I have done
now.  I started dovecot, and the messages have stopped.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Now onto next problems ;-)  I'll get this
server sorted if it kills me <g>

Anne