Re: Lost network connection... New message

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 07:41 -0700, Jon D. Slater wrote:
> But this time as the machine boots, right after starting eth0, I get
> the message:
> "Disabling IRQ #5"
>
> When I check the network status from the network configuration screen,
> the screen "claims" that eth0 is active.
>
> As soon as I reboot using kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4, the network comes
> back.
>
> Any ideas?

Not really.  Your message is scant in details.  And the middle two
sentences quoted above are contradictory.  The network is active.  You
reboot and it comes back.  Where did it go?  When did it go?

We don't know what network card you're trying to use.  It might be a
known problem one, but we can't tell.

We don't know if anything else on your system is trying to use the same
IRQ.  If it is, a possible simple fix is to remove the LAN card and plug
it into a different slot.

I read messages from the public lists.