From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike McCarty
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 1:02 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: high resolution timer

Erwin Rol wrote:

[some good information followed by]

> You also might want to critically look at your software/hardware on
> why you need those timers. Maybe if you explain what you are trying to

> do someone has a better/different solution for you that does work with

> the normal kernel.

I second this advice. It's pretty abnormal to need 100us resolution in
timing, especially in a "sloppy scheduling environment" like that
provided by the standard Linux kernels. Ask yourself whether you really
really need that, or if you don't have a design masquerading as
requirements. What does this timing requirement stem from? Surely there
is some reason for its existence. That is probably a real requirement.
See if you can accomplish the same result without needing stringent
timing.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.