Re: Query disk write-caching settings

Irving, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone tell me if it is possible to query the current disk-write
> cache settings being employed?
> Im getting some suspiciously fast file synching going on and Im
> wondering whether this is the "cause" :o)
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Dave

hdparm -I /dev/<device>

Look sot the section:

Commands/features:
        Enabled Supported:
           *    READ BUFFER cmd
           *    WRITE BUFFER cmd
           *    Host Protected Area feature set
           *    Look-ahead
           *    Write cache
           *    Power Management feature set
                Security Mode feature set
           *    SMART feature set
           *    Device Configuration Overlay feature set
                Automatic Acoustic Management feature set
                SET MAX security extension
           *    DOWNLOAD MICROCODE cmd
           *    SMART self-test
           *    SMART error logging

As you can see, the write cache is enabled for this drive.

Mikkel