Join the existing LAN with a wireless router

In the office there is already an existing LAN with 6 desktop machine 1 dns server / dhcp server / gateway, ip address range 10.1.10.110 ~ 10.1.10.240, connection of entire LAN is by cable with a switch box, every machine is working fine.
Now I want to add a Linksys router WRT54G in the office to enable 2 more laptops ( or more than 2) equipped with built-in wireless network card for the network, how ever, these laptops can only go to the Internet and communicate with other wireless laptop in the same wireless group (Same ssid), but can't communicate with those wired desktops, the way I connect the wireless router is : With a cat 5 cable one end connects from the Internet port of router and the other end goes to one of the port in the switch box ( Where all desktops are connected). I would imagin that unless all of the desktop each adds a wireless network card to enable them to join the wireless network group, otherwise 2 different network segments can't communicate at all - Can anyone give some ideas how to make the wireless group to join the wired group?