Re: Fwd: A question from the Fedora Foundation

Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:

On 1/18/06, Kenneth Porter <shiva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Or that person can just fork the distro and keep the benefits for his own
organization. If I'm gonna put a million bucks into the system, I want a
substantial say in how it's spent.

The Apache Software Foundation is a good model; all efforts become
part of ASF and anyone can fork the code for commercial benefit if
they so desire -- there is no reason to invest in ASF if they plan on
forking the code to some other end.

ASF is what we used for the Fedora CLA so this might a good model to follow. I would appreciate if someone sends me a summary of the foundation related ideas when this discussions wrap up. I dont have to time to follow all of the conversations. Pretty please?

--
Rahul