Re: Fwd: A question from the Fedora Foundation

On 1/18/06, Kenneth Porter <shiva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My suggestion for subscription funding is to fund development by the
> foundation, not to limit contributions by those outside of it. The
> foundation will have limited developer capacity. Subscribers get to direct
> that capacity. Everyone else gets to contribute as usual.
>
> The tricky part is organizing it so that volunteer contributions (eg.
> patches) aren't lost or ignored.

No matter how it's slice it still looks like a corporation with those
who can afford 51% or better of the vote will control, dictate, the
direction of the whole.

Contributions should be voluntary and without strings attached or
favortism.  It's like, hey, I contribute a million bucks but I wanna
play chairman for a while, til I get bored, OK?
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting