Re: Slightly OT - rpm -bb problems

Mark Haney wrote:
I'm trying to build a nagios RPM from source, not on Fedora, but on RHEL AS 2.1, but when I run 'rpm -bb nagios.spec' from the /usr/src/redhat/SPECS directory it fails with a reply:

nagios.spec: No such file or directory

I don't think this is anything more than something I'm missing as far as building the RPM goes. Anybody have any ideas? Is it because it's RHEL and not Fedora? Or is it something simple?

It means you haven't put your spec file nagios.spec in the /usr/src/redhat/SPECS directory.

Are you writing the spec yourself or using someone else's?

Is RHEL 2.1 so old that it still uses "rpm" rather than "rpmbuild" for package-building btw?

Paul.