Re: FC-4 Wireless Problem

> But when I try to connect, I get:
>
> [root pauli gcovar]# ifup wlan0
> Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
>     SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.
>
> Determining IP information for wlan0... failed.
>
> ----------------------
>
> Does anyone know what this error is and how to correct it? Any feedback
> will be appreciated.
>
> Teilhard.

What kind of wireless adaptor is it? I've got an Intel IPW2915ABG in my
Thinkpad T43.  I get exactly the same message on boot, but it seems to
be harmless and I can connect anyway.  This started happening in driver
1.0.8 I think...

Are you sure you're not connected after seeing this message? Does
iwconfig report that you are not associated with an access point?

Best regards,

Alastair

P.S. cc: me if you reply