Re: Problem copying VOB files.

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 13:58 +0000, steve.goodey@xxxxxx wrote:
> The problem now is I am trying to migrate to FC4 and dragging and
> dropping VOB files doesn't work. The copy starts ok, then the transfer
> rate collapses and it stops with a message, "Could not read file
> /media/cdrecorder/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB". This is when using
> konqueror.  The same disc copies ok using windows/mandriva. Trying cp
> from the command line on FC4 fails with input/output error.

IDE DMA quirks spring to mind.  You might want to see how each of those
OSs has the DMA set.

By the way, if you had a way to directly copy from your camera to the
computer, e.g. firewire, and capturing that way, it'd be better than
going through generations of MPEG encoding/decoding/re-encoding, when
editing.

I read messages from the public lists.