Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks to Rahul for showing patience and dealing with
all of us grumpy people who wish things happened differently than they
do. I am presently dealing with issues on my other system which was
upgraded from 3 to 4 a few weeks ago in anticipation of this day.

Thanks

Craig
You are welcome. Wishing that the release updates would continue from Fedora Core developers for FC3 for more than a year and two months might be more reasonable if the updates end right there but its not. Fedora Legacy is continuing to provide security and critical bug fixes as long as there is people behind it to do the required work which might run into more years. Everyone within RH involved on this project is already doing tons of work required to sustain the pace of development. Our resources are not unlimited. Adding additional burden by extending the updates cycle within RH is going to affect this project negatively. I am signing up do some of the stuff for Fedora Legacy in this release. Yes, the work required is not very sexy to put it mildly but someone needs to do it if they care about it.

--
Rahul