Re: OT: Home remodel software

Mick Mearns wrote:
Hello list;
  we are re-modeling our bathroom and would like to explore floorplan
and layout options.
Would someone please recommend a Linux program for this?

Is there one with standard models for sinks/showers etc?
With hot/cold/waste water pipes, and electrical wires?
Variable scale grid?

 thanks
  Mick M.

For basic design work I have used OpenOffice draw as I can group features just as I did in AutoCAD. I can drag them around to place them where I want. When I need to design the layout of a panel for equipment at work, it works well. I don't need all the tools of AutoCAD.

If you need something more, look for QCAD or DIA.  It may be in extras.

Have fun.