Re: Setting up a multi-user programming environment

Thanks for all the informative comments so far guys. In retrospect I may not have been as clear as I could have been in my problem definition. The project is to be coded, built and tested on this one machine (funds are unpredictably low), my group mates are all Windows guys (for better or worse) and therefore, I would like to make the fact that bulk of the processing will be done on a remote Linux server to be as transparent as possible.

There is no (initial) intention on being able to take the resulting code and have it compile in Windows. What I would hope for is a system (or collection of tools) that allows for coding using the tool they are familiar with (MS Visual Studio 2003).

Currently I have no idea how possible any of this is, I just figure that it would be easier to do it in Linux than in Windows for various reasons., least of which would just be the red tape that we would have to go to to have our own Windows server running.

Thanks.