Re: wireless router

By using a wireless card, i can route Wifi machines into the internet? What other program/software do i need?

You can set up a wireless card in master mode with madwifi, which in theory would allow you to do what you ask. I don't know about any other drivers so don't ask.

I am still a member of the madwifi mailing list, and master mode can bring with it some other hiccups.

My advice?

Spend the $AU90 on an Access Point. with an ethernet cable back to the AP, you can route whatever the hell you want without dealing with the complexities of getting the card to work in the first place.

Keeping it simple usually works best, even if you need to spend a few more $$$.

Regards,
Ed.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749