Re: wireless router

Temlakos wrote:
LC wrote:

Hi,
I have a Fedora 4 as a router. How can i add wireless (wifi) feature to it? What equipment do i need? Best regards

I would imagine that you need an Access Point. But as to how to drive one, I can't answer that.

Temlakos

More likely a wireless card:-)

One based on prism54 is good, I had one running in an FC2 beta, and more
recently in Ubuntu and Debian. However, they're hard to find.

Atheros seems good; I have one built into my laptop and it works well un
SUSE 10. Probably FC4 users have to build the driver, but that's fairly
straightforward. You meed the madwifi driver.

d-link is labelling a lot of its cards 'Atheros" or "DSP by TI."

Avoid broadcom (BCM), TI (ACX).

--

Cheers
John