Re: kernel source and nVidia drivers - continued

to all:
  I have 'yum install kernel-devel'

  /usr/src/kernels contais a directory 2.6.14-1-1644_FC4-i686

  /usr/src/redhat/
    BUILD contains subdirectory kernel-2.6.14
    this contains linux-2.6.14 which contains:
       multiple directories:
              kernel that contains *.c files
              include that contains
                   linux and this contains kernel.h
RPMS, SOURCES, SPECS, SRPMS are all containe nothing or empty subdirectories.

whenever i run the nVidia package to build the drivers it ALWAYS complains that the source is not installed. I have tried the '--kernel-source-path=' switch with all manner of part or all of the above directory structure. ALWAYS the same. kernel not installed.

So my next question is this: could I be running a i386 kernel and yum install kernel-devel installed a i686 kernel? Would it make a difference?

Should I back out the yum install kernel-devel and install the source rpm as per the fedora.redhat.com Release Notes? If so when I set it up do I use the 386, 586, or 686 spec file?

tia,

Bob

<snip all before>