Re: Gcalctool and square root

> Jeff Vian ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 15/01/2006
> 17:12:
>
>>On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 15:33 +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>>

>>>akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
>>>15/01/2006 15:22:

>>>made exactly what you did and I get a malformed expression warning.
>>>Gcalctool is 5.6.31 and I am running Fedora 4 with the Italian
>>> language...
>>>

>>I tried what akonstam shows above and it works for me.
>>The formula prior to pressing the enter key (= button) was "Sqrt(123/3)"
>>The result was 6.403124237 which is the sqrt of 41 (as expected).
>>

> we have to wait for the confirmation from someone from my country.
> No way to work and no doubt about your calculation but also about my
> findings...I realized this bug as my son was doing some math calculation
> for high school and pointed out that he couldn't get a SqrRoot (but also
> absolute value is not working)
>

> --
>  Antonio

Let me point out that the way it works is not the way I would have created
this tool. I would want when you hit Sqrt that is would take the square
root of the number on the screen but it works in the way many calculators
work that you need to enter the whole expression algebraically and then
the calculation is made.
--
Aaron Konstam
Professor Emeritus, Computer Science